BCHC coordinates the City of Victoria Youth Council, which offers opportunities for civic engagement for youth who live, work, hang out or go to school in the City of Victoria.
CVYC's Goal is to:
To be the go-to group on municipal youth issues and initiatives in Victoria to youth, other community members, city staff, and elected officials.
Who we are:
- Youth-driven, grassroots project that offers opportunities for civic engagement to youth who live, work, hang out or go to school in the City of Victoria
- Hosted by BC Healthy Communities in partnership with the City of Victoria
- We actively seek out collaborations and partnerships
- We emphasize leadership and skill development to help youth access City Hall
- We can act as a positive advocate for youth who are unable or unwilling to speak for themselves